Oxygen - SG Oxygen - SG

Just wanted to say

I'm the 400th download. :D

NIce song btw. :P

Tzunami - Nightlife Tzunami - Nightlife

Nice and smooth, like butter

I rarely review, I feel you deserve one. You did a fantastic job crossing genres, the contrast was exciting but not stark. It was actually refreshing to listen to, there was no sense of misplaced melodies or sounds, and everything just fit.

About how you said it lacks "sounds and movements to really make it stand out", you're wrong in two ways. It has plenty of movement, at least in my opinion, and you don't really want every part of a song to "stand out". The smooth, buttery flow of this song allowed it to be beautiful and stand out in its own right.

Good job sir.

Tzunami responds:

Yeah, I figure as a con for not being able to work in one genre 100%, the pro is that combining the genres can bring upon interesting results. It has the grime of Dubstep, the progressive feel and ambiance of Trance, the drum melodies of Hip-Hop and Drum & Bass. It just comes together well at times, while other times it doesn't do much at all. All depends the mood you can set. Thanks for the review though, very appreciated.

(S) Critical Error (S) Critical Error

Nice!

I won't take any stars off, but i have a few comments..

The hi-hat and snare are not right, i would've used a different sample or something. the high-hat is too tinny and the snare is too fake-sounding.
The bass roll around 1:25 wasn't too smooth. Work on that a bit.
Make the melody around 2:00 fade out more completely. the cutoff was obvious.
After that, I can't really hear a distinct melody. Bring something out. I don't know what.
Try returning to the original melody near the end. It would work well.

Thats all I got, nice work and keep it up!

TylerSchrader responds:

Thank you for the detailed review. I really appreciate all of the tips that you have given me and I will definitely work on them. I agree with you completely about everything. Thanks again man!!

B7 Lance Battle Final Remaster B7 Lance Battle Final Remaster

I counted....

A total of 12 chills down my spine. I only wish I could rate that high.

One Winged Angel Gameboy One Winged Angel Gameboy

Contrary to others..

I think the contrast between the 8-bit and the choir is nice... It does subtract from the 8-bit feel but hey, it sounds pretty good.

By the way, I loved the intro. Good job! 9/10 +download

A Grave Intensity A Grave Intensity

A Triumph

You did a great job making this song! It's refreshing to see some original creativity.
Now, a critique.

There is little to actually criticize, what you put there was pretty much spot on. Synths were just right, the piano was impeccable. The drums I didn't like quite as much, the bass and snare were just a bit... off. They didn't quite match the mood of the piece.
Also, during the drum-filled part around 1:30, consider making the melodic parts louder. It's a bit difficult to hear.
The bass synth between about 1:40 and 2:25 needs more volume.
The part around the 3 minute mark is beautiful, it's like a duel between the light melody of the piano and the twangy bass. A couple seconds later (around 3:25?) and I hear some bass line that sounds out of place. It's covered up by the melody, but consider revising it a bit (maybe decluttering it so it interferes less).
The end is nice, but there's room for improvement. Perhaps a bigger buildup/climax? Experiment a bit.

Great job.

Laser Tears of Science Laser Tears of Science

I have just this to say.

BEST. TITLE. EVER.

Oh and the music's good too :)

GameBalance responds:

haha :)

[Hardstyle] Asian Dream [Hardstyle] Asian Dream

I'm impressed

This was a very exciting song to listen to, I have no major complaints about the song but I REALLY hope you are working on that ending (most disappointing ending EVAR). I only took of one point because i'm sure you're working on it =]

=DaydreamAnatomy= =DaydreamAnatomy=

My thoughts...

Beat: 19/20 - There was nothing missing in terms of beat and rhythm. Consider, however, making the bass more defined throughout most of the song, and perhaps allowing some segments to be more legato.

Melody: 15/20 - The song sounds good, but your melody isn't very profound. The song as a whole sounds more like a backdrop for a melody that isn't quite there.

Tone: 14/20 - Another big thing I noticed is how little the tone varies. It changes rhythm every once in a while, which is good, but the tone and overall sound hardly changes. I found myself quickly bored of it.

Transitions: 18/20 - Nothing is wrong with your transitions, but I feel it necessary to mention how welcome a drastic change in volume during transitions would be. The volume is too consistent for my liking.

Ending: 10/20 - You classified this as a song, not a loop, which surprised me. If it had been designated a loop, i could understand the lack of climax at the end. With endings like this one you could make a great loop, but as a song it seems weak.

Overall: 76/100 8/10 4/5 - Work on the tone and volume, add more general variance, and you could have a great loop on your hands :)

Daydream-Anatomy responds:

Thanks for the critique:3

I'll be sure to take that into consideration when/if I finalize the song.

YES!-Japillow YES!-Japillow

SO GOOD!

One of my favorite songs on newgrounds right now. Definitely a great song that deserves a lot more recognition. Keep up the good work!

Japillow responds:

Thank you very much for the very nice review ;D